Fellow homeowners, if you have a task you need help with - no matter the size - you can find, hire and review a handyman (or handywoman) as well as licensed contractors using TaskRabbit.
And, many of them offer same-day service! If you need something done quick ... think clogged drain, repairing a hole in a ceiling or wall or putting together some furniture, you can search based on task, price, experience, review status, etc.
Depending on the type of project, the rate can be as low as $10/hr or as much as $500/hr. Some of us don't have the time, tools or the talent to do certain things and many of the "Taskers" on the platform even offer multiple services and come with their own supplies needed for the task they're hired to do.
You can find someone for anything:
- HOME REPAIRS - Jack (and Jills) of all trades to handle even the smallest task
- CARPENTRY SERVICES - skilled Taskers to help with carpentry/construction work
- FURNITURE ASSEMBLY - on the spot assembly of anything from bookcases to desks
- TV/SHELF/PICTURE MOUNTING - Taskers to properly mount anything to a wall
- CEILING FANS/LIGHT FIXTURES - licensed electricians to handle any electrical task
- PAINTING/WALLPAPER - one room or an entire house; drywall repairs, painting, etc.
- PLUMBING - seasoned and licensed individuals for repairs or new installations
- YARD WORK SERVICES - Taskers that can clean up your yard, gutters, etc.
- DECK RESTORATION - Taskers that can pressure wash, seal, stain, repair and restore decks
- HOME THEATER - setup of TV and surround sound, etc.
Licensing requirements vary depending on where you live. Always be sure to check with the local Tasker as to whether or not they have the qualifications needed for a specific task.